Time: 1 Minute
Skill Level: Beginner
If you’ve already practiced sufficiently that you have learned the basic keyboard layout, you will find this typing test significantly easier than most. This test contains no punctuation, no capitalization, and no numbers, so it should be smooth sailing (or, you know, smooth typing) for the entire minute.
You will likely type faster on a test like this, with lower-case letters only, than you could on an article with punctuation and numbers, which can slow you down. As long as you have practiced the home row and the top and bottom row keys, your only challenge here will be to see how fast you can type this test.
The Most Commonly Used Words (126-250) timed typing test will last for one minute. Click the start button below, time will not begin counting until you start typing. Errors will reduce your net words per minute, but you are required to correct them before moving on, so pay attention to the red underscore which indicates an error.
Good luck. Now, start typing!
Typing Test Instructions
- Click the “Start Typing” button above to initiate your typing test.
- The timer will count down from one minute after you begin typing. (The timer will not begin before you start typing, so take a moment to relax and focus before you begin.)
- Type each word as it appears on the screen.
- Remember, capital letters must be keyed in correctly (use the shift key to capitalize where appropriate).
- This online typing test will last 1 minute. Type as many correct words as possible.
- Errors will reduce your net words per minute.
“The 500 Most Commonly Used Words in the English Language” World-English. 2009.
world-english.com. (September 28, 2009).
» » Save & Share These Typing Tests « «
Copy and Paste this code on your website.