Time: 1 Minute
Skill Level: Beginner
The content of this free typing test revolves around the moon and is 155 words in length. The test begins with more capitalization than usual, so make sure you’ve learned to find your shift key without looking (that’s what we mean when we say “touch-typing,” you never look down at your keyboard).
You’ll also have some numbers and a forward slash ( / ) on the second line of this test; are you familiar with their locations on the keyboard? Hint: to key in the forward slash you’ll reach down with your right pinky, no shift needed.
The Moon timed typing test will last for exactly one minute. To begin, click the start button below – time will begin counting after you type the first letter. Errors will be deducted from your total words per minute to arrive at a net wpm, but you are required to correct errors before moving on, so pay attention to the red underscore which indicates a miss-key.
Typing Test Instructions
- Click the “Start Typing” button above to initiate your typing test.
- The timer will count down from one minute after you begin typing. (The timer will not begin before you start typing, so take a moment to relax and focus before you begin.)
- Type each word as it appears on the screen.
- Remember, capital letters must be keyed in correctly (use the shift key to capitalize where appropriate).
- This online typing test will last 1 minute. Type as many correct words as possible.
- Errors will reduce your net words per minute.
Take the test again. Repetition really is the key to typing faster, and you’re likely to improve your net words-per-minute by ten percent or more almost immediately. Repetition builds muscle memory, and your comfort with the keyboard will continue to improve as you take more typing tests and practices.
» » Save & Share These Typing Tests « «
Copy and Paste this code on your website.